In the laboratory of metals tests are conducted for the detection and quantification of trace heavy metals and major elements in food and environmental samples by standard and with the help of technical equipment that achieves low levels of detection.
These tests were conducted with the following equipment:
- Optical ICP (inductively coupled plasma).
- ICP-MS with mass spectrometric detection.
- Generation Atomic Fluorescence cold steam.
- Hidruros- generation atomic fluorescence.
- Combustion-atomic absorption for determination of mercury.
- Microwave closed cup (digestion).
Metals currently detected and measured in LTL:
- Aluminum (Al), antinomonio (Sb), arsenic (As), barium (Ba), beryllium (Be), bismuth (Bi), boron (B), cadmium (Cd), calcium (Ca), zinc (Zn) , cobalt (Co), copper (Cu), chromium (Cr), tin (Sn), strontium (Sr), phosphorus (P), iron (Fe), magnesium (Mg), manganese (Mn), mercury (Hg) , molybdenum (Mo), nickel (Ni), silver (Ag), lead (Pb), potassium (K); selenium (Se), silicon (Si), sodium (Na), thallium (Tl), tellurium (Te), titanium (Ti), uranium (U) and vanadium (V).